Saturday 15 January 2011

Celtic Leaves

This project took a bit of a back seat after I posted two sneak peaks of it towards the end of last year. But some time off over the festive season allowed me to finish off the embroidery and draw up the pattern.

I’m quite chuffed with the way it’s turned out. Each leaf is completely different, which made for interesting stitching. The stem took a bit of working, as I went with a variegated perlĂ© thread and had to work it in such a way that all the darker bits ended up on the central stem to create the effect I was after. But it was well worth the effort, as it turned out even better than I’d hoped.


It’s a partner project for Celtic Stems in what could easily become a signature style. It’s a fun project to stitch and doesn’t take that long to complete. The pattern’s available now on kellyfletcher.co.uk if you’d like to give it a go.

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love the new pattern. It's really beatiful.

Robbie said...

It's very nice!!!

Loralynn said...

It's wonderful! You've done a great job!

Liz said...

Lovely...

Wendy said...

What a gorgeous pattern, so fresh and original.