Friday 10 April 2009

On the pages of a magazine

It’s been a while coming, but MTM and I are finally making our magazine debut in the May issue of British Patchwork & Quilting. Exciting stuff. It'll be on the shelves on Friday, 17 April.


MTM used my Fleur designs to make up a range of applique cushions, one of which is featured in British P&Q. There are six designs altogether:


(back, left to right) Fleur Audrey, Fleur Mabel, Fleur Ann and Fleur Judith
(front, left to right) Fleur Edna and Fleur Euphemia


They’re all the same size, so would also work well as an appliqué quilt – using one, two or all six of the designs. We’ve used a traditional appliqué technique, but you could easily revert to machine appliqué.

UPDATE: These patterns are now available exclusively through my website: www.kellyfletcher.co.uk.

The five Fleur patterns that are not provided in British P&Q can be bought directly from me for £3 each or £12 for all five. They’re A4 colour PDF e-patterns, incorporating templates and instructions, that are easy to print at home. If you’re interested, please send me an email — kellyfletcherdesigns@googlemail.com — and let me know which patterns you want. I'll send you a paypal invoice and, once payment has been confirmed, email the patterns to you.

Fleur Audrey (the pattern featured in British P&Q) is also available as an e-pattern, which I’ll happily send to you for free when you buy one or more of the others. If it’s only this pattern that you’re after, though, you’ll have to buy a copy of the May issue. Unless, of course, you live in a faraway country that doesn’t stock the publication, then I’m sure the editors of British P&Q won’t mind me sending it to you.

Either way, we’d love to see what you do with our Fleur patterns. So please send a photo when you’re done – we’re looking forward to hearing from you.

2 comments:

Scarlett Burroughs said...

Kelly,
I love your applique cushioins/pillows so much I linked to them from my blog Quilting at Craft Gossip.

http://quilting.craftgossip.com/retro-six-fleur-applique-designs/2009/05/26/

Congratulations on your magazine debut!

Scarlett Burroughs
Quilting Editor, Craft Gossip

Scarlett Burroughs said...

I meant cushions (a bad spelling day)